Well Hello There.......

Ok so this is me- blogging! I do everything else so why not this! Welcome to my blog and hope you enjoy the shennanigans!

Total Pageviews

Sunday 27 February 2011

Car Insurance Rant!!

Just going to have a little rant about my car insurance here in Dubai now- sorry- it drives me mad!!

So got a good deal last year through my bank and have had no probs- need to renew by March 8th- the dude from the insurance company has been ringing me to renew since January 1st- that put me in a New Year's hangover panic I can tell you until I checked the date!! So I told him to email me through the renewal cost. I didn't really pay much attention to it as had checked my docs and it didn't need renewing till March.

The proceeded 2 calls a day following up!! Every day! Which I ignored for a while.... then I called back and said dude- why are you calling me twice a day in Jan when renewal is not till March- doh!!

Anyway, so we're sort of near renewal time now and I decided to just have a little shop around and am glad I did- I can save 400 AED (That's £70 ish) and get better coverage! So decided to ask the dude why- here is the fabulous email chain...enjoy!!!

Hi Insurance Dude,

I have been shopping around for this and realised that the prices are more expensive than I paid with you last year- can you explain why the charges are higher this year for renewal especially as I have never made a claim.

Also have checked with other providers and their quotes are cheaper too for the exact same if not more coverage.

Warm regards,

Manodrama

*****************************

HI Manodrama,

Maybe the insurance company that you asked for quotation gives you cheap premium like ABC Insurance company. In the market ABC Insurance is the one who gives the cheapest quotation for cars, we are dealing with them before but we lose so many clients because of them. They give so less premium and yet when the customer go to the point of having accidents the benefits are so less.

Trust me ma'am the Insurance Company I gave you is best Local insurance company now here in Dubai.

Don't look on the premium ma'am, see the benefits. Take it as an advice ma'am.

All the best,

Insurance Dude

*****************
Dear Insurance Dude,

I have got a much cheaper quote from AXA Insurance with better coverage- I think they are just as reputable aren't they? Never even heard of XYZ insurance.

I have attached it for your reference and this is even insuring the car at a higher value.

So tell me why should I go with XYZ and not AXA?

Thanks

Manodrama

*************************
Hi Manodrama

That's a good premium you are having right now ma'am, but I can give you lower than that with RSA ma'am if you like. XYZ is high because they are not applying the nationality and if you have convertible license. But in AXA and RSA they are accepting.

What is your nationality maam?

Regards,

Insurance Dude

********************************************

I have not replied yet- all of a sudden he can get cheaper with reputable companies!

If he calls me ma'am one more time the patronising little git I will scream!! He has all my details from last year- so he knows what nationality I am and that I have a transferable licence- that’s it I’m out!

Needless to say I am just on the AXA website now doing all this online and not being harassed or patronised or having to deal with numpties!!!

The names of the insurance companies except for AXA and RSA have been changed to protect their identities hahahah!

It’s at times like these I really want a husband grrrrrr- they don’t give men out here the same run around that’s for sure!

Peace Out!



7 comments:

  1. In case you were wondering- got it done- another company rang me up- came in cheaper for more- so went with them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The people not reading your blogs are missing out a lot of quality contents.
    carloanestimator.net

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty good post. I just stumbled upon your blog and wanted to say that I have really enjoyed reading your blog posts. Any way I’ll be subscribing to your feed and I hope you post again soon. Calgary Sharp Insurance

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the blog. Great post. It is very true, people must learn how to learn before they can learn. lol i know it sounds funny but its very true. . . Old time classic car for sale in switzerland

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would like to thank you for the efforts you have made in writing this article. I am hoping the same best work from you in the future as well. In fact your creative writing abilities has inspired me to start my own BlogEngine blog now. Really the blogging is spreading its wings rapidly. Your write up is a fine example of it. http://metalcarportsguide.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I thought it was going to be some boring old post, but it really compensated for my time. I will post a link to this page on my blog. I am sure my visitors will find that very useful. New honda Houston

    ReplyDelete
  7. I would love to stop by. But, I think it might have to wait until this summer. I did not know that Serlkay had ever expanded its size. I must say that a succesful family owned business in this day and age is a very refreshing sight! As well as this is a very refreshing site! best infant car seat

    ReplyDelete